Monday 25 July 2016

Ask yourself about your Strength

Ask yourself about your Strength
Once, a person decided to realize his dream. Only he didn’t have enough strength to do it. Then he turned to his mother:
- Mother, help me!
- Darling, I would be glad to help you, only I don’t have it. And everything I have, I already give to you…
He asked a wise man:
- Master, tell me, where can I get strength?
- It is said that, it is on the Everest. Only I couldn’t find anything there, except the snowy winds. And when I came back, the time was irretrievably lost…
He asked the hermit:
- Holy Father, where to find strength for realizing my dream?
- In your prayers, my son. And if your dream is false, you will understand it and find peace in your prayers…
Who didn’t the person ask, but the results of his search were only confusion.


- Why are you so confused? - asked an old man passing by.
- Yes, I have a dream, good man. But I don’t know where to find strength for realizing it. I asked everyone already- from Everest to hell. But there was no one who could help me.
- Not everyone, - a light flashed in an old man’s eyes, 

- Did you ask yourself that?



  1. Ask yourself if you value self-honesty and pursuit of truth more than you fear letting go of current beliefs. Without this dedication to being honest with yourself, you're wasting your time.
  2. List your primary religious beliefs, such as "I believe in a supernatural god, or I believe the holy book of my religion is inspired by God." Write down each one as clearly as you can. If you're unsure of a belief but it's an integral part of your religion, do include it in the list.
  3. Take each belief and ask yourself when you first started to believe it, who told you, why they would know it to be true or if it's just speculation on their part, and why you accepted it as a belief.
  4. Ask yourself to what degree do you hold this belief to be true. What if it wasn't true, would it affect other beliefs you hold, if so then note the implications.
  5. Identify the beliefs that are part of the tenets of your religion and then research when your religion started to believe these ideas, what were the alternatives, and why might they have adopted the belief.
  6. Study your own religion. What's the history of the religion? How does it relate to other religions? It's amazing how little most religious people seem to know about the formation of their own religion and how little church leaders encourage the study of church history.
  7. Ask yourself why you feel it's necessary to believe in the stated belief? To believe means to hold something as being true. What if you're unsure? Are you brave enough to admit to yourself and others that you're unsure (this is where the first step of being willing to be honest with yourself ties back in).
  8. List beliefs which you're unsure of.
  9. Revise the list of beliefs you're certain of.

Good Inspirational Books you might follw to succeed in your life:


No comments:

Post a Comment